Rogue Mission

Jason Campbell

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nils, long time no see! How are things going with Deadly Matter? Did you end up moving to another Engine?

Hi Jason, the development of DeadlyMatter was halted because of a lack of funding and personal serious health issues not long after a failed crowdfunding campaign. Further did dramatic life changes result in no longer standing behind certain concepts and game mechanics. I am developing currently something with the same old engine, but on a slow pace.

But I don't want to hijack your thread here; so let's keep us updated with some more screenshots from your project :D

Hi Jason, I noticed that you have a screenshot of a gun in one of your pictures. Are you having any trouble with the mouse movement being disabled. You are probably using Torque3D as opposed to TGE 1.4 (I use it because I like it and don't own the 1.5 version) but I used the playgui.SNAPTOGGLEi() command, but i doesn't seem to work under the 1.4 version. As a matter of fact, the console reports that the command is unrecognized.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I was real close then realized that if I was to add all the coverpoints I needed and then compile the grenade trajectories, the editor would run at like 2fps.

Basically, yet again I would have to scale it down and essentially "start over".

I love working with Torque but I'll be damned if that didn't take the piss out of me.

"compile the grenade trajectories"? I did not even know this is possible, my bots just shoot you and hit very well, even with grenades. As an indie dev you need to learn to use workarounds and cheap solutions otherwise you never get it done. I would just treat grenades as projectiles, add a generous inaccuracy for extra fun and nobody will notice that you do not "compile the grenade trajectories"

• 1 month later...

Hey Duion, I hear you. The grenade compiling is part of TAIK and there is no doubt I could just not use it but there is no denying that having the bots  utilize it adds so much to the combat. I haven't given up though and I believe I can use what I already have with less coverpoints. I've been working on it.