myFunProject_01

fLUnKnhaXYU

I forgot the jackolantern buckets but oh well . makeHuman 1.1 models/clothes/materials , torque3d 3.9 .

all the characters are single size , just for this little show off thread , but the hero cape was reduced in blender 2.79 from 9000 + to just less than 1000 with decimate modifier using un-subdivide and required little touch-up . they are a bit high I think around 30 k'ish , the batman like character , somehow I,d duplicated the suit mesh in make human but only had to delete one of them . been really easy to work with these . for anyone seeing that the fps's are not very sweet . I use a AMD A6 , 8 GB RAM , vidia 610 GT . windows 7 . So , about 10 years old .

spacer.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this skeletons skin mesh is 25 k'ish , the bones is 101,000 + tris . even my blender is lagging pretty good with it loaded .

so i use the decimate modifier on this object . and reduce it 75% in under a second almost .

original 101,000 tris object

spacer.png

spacer.png

after decimate

spacer.png

in edit mode shows a lot to work with to get it prettied back up

spacer.png

a comparison , its a bit disappointing but this is completely un retouched after the decimate and I think it will touch up very nicely .

spacer.png

anyhoo...

• 1 month later...

seasons greetings and happy holidays all ,

1 . in a few more recent pics , the little gui showed rather low frame rate . I discovered that I had left shadow texture size at 2048 . now its back to 512 or 1024 , 512 I think and much improved FPS as ther are many trees and shadows .

2. I made this helmet in Blender and added it to the clothes in makeHuman where I can now add it to any new character I make . btw I selected all of the vertices in the human head that fit just in side of the helmet object to add to the humans helmet vertex group . (I think I hid the ears though) . this eliminated almost if not all of the distortion of the helmet that I was gettting by just using one or few vertexes . any how , a plethora of materials can be easily added to the helmet object in makeHuman and instantly changed .

spacer.png

My current Tank is a wheeledVehicle using an armature to control turret rotation , bigGun pitch , and the eye node . Allows me to make all moves simultaneous , I dont need a freeLook key . 

the turret shape attached to the wheeled vehicle gave me some problems as a control object . The packets being rouneded to the nearest degree in the move manager stuff , I suspect , but of course they are great for Ai which bring up another issue , If I move far distance from other wheeledVehicle/turretShape objects then return to that spot , the turrets will have removed from the wheeledVehicle and be rotating on the ground and even though they're rotaing property is false . If I nudge them (turretShape) )in the editor , they pop back into place on the wheeledVehicle . BTW when I say far distance , I am using a 16Km X 16km map so I can move 10 miles away . the onepiece wheeledVehicle has been behaving nicely at that distance , we'll see.  now I want to add sight/s projected from the muzzle/s . any advise would be great .

the maingun just fires straight from the muzzle , no sight yet . its just 2 bones attached to a mount in the end of the barrel .

spacer.png

the smallGun which here is the AiTurretHead uses muzzlecorrection and fire toward the cursor .

spacer.png

so its mouse button0 - fire mainGun , mouseButton1- fire smallGun , mouse Xaxis - look rotate , mouse Yaxis - look pitch

forwar back left right moves on the keyboard .

• 4 weeks later...