Torque 3D MIT now has a Twitter channel

Dwarf King

I set up a a Twitter channel for Torque 3D MIT today.

If the steering community wish to have access just let me know. I think it would be good to follow the independent game developer lists on Twitter and tweet out new releases so more young indies are aware of this tool.

Best,

Dwarf King

Our 3.8 released has just been retweeted to around 600 plus people by learngamedev(a user on Twitter) :D

If possible then follow the Twitter profile and retweet. I also retweeted from my own profile(has around 250 followers). That means a lot of game devs from the developer3 twitter list(has a lot of followers) also has received the news.

Tweet and tweet all you can! We need more developers and users to realize the awesomeness of this tool :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Due to my investors have demanded that my current project has to be a stable DX 11 project(Winstore and Windows 10 is one of their arguments, another is the lack of commercial plugins in T3D MIT etc.... sigh) and use UE4 I am forced to use UE4 from now on. I have to face the real world and accept this.

As a consequence from today I will no longer be able to maintain the Torque 3D MIT Twitter profile due to lack of time. If someone drops an email here I will change the twitter account to that mail and send the password so it can be taken over by one of you. It has to be either a long time profile user or a member of the steering community so I am sure the twitter account gets into the right hands. No just open profile ;)

If no one answer then I will wait a month from today and close the Twitter account.

I have double develop in both T3D MIT and UE4 for some time so it is by no means a nightmare to behold, however a bit sad though as T3D MIT has been a long time used tool.

I wish you all the best and happy game development and from time to time I will hang around when time allows it :D

All the Best,

Dwarf King

Edit: Typo - profile changed into Twitter account.

Edit: Investors has been turned down some months after this post was written. Nonetheless I still did not find time to run the Torque 3D MIT Twitter account.

Edited by Dwarf King

Sad to hear, but hey, you do you.

You'd best still stick around and hang out though >: (

Also the heck do they mean by "lack of commercial plugins"? Are they asking after something in particular? Or are they just pointing at some vague metric?

• 2 months later...
Sad to hear, but hey, you do you.

You'd best still stick around and hang out though >: (

Also the heck do they mean by "lack of commercial plugins"? Are they asking after something in particular? Or are they just pointing at some vague metric?

Sorry I reply so late. I guess they saw the many built in slate UMG and baking light options in UE4 as supported plugins. UE4 has some commercial third part tools. Perhaps they also found the MIT of T3D's many plugins to be a bad thing. It was viewed as abandonware and nothing else.

I personally only have one issue with T3D addons, and that is the UAISK went into the void so no one can use it anymore unless they are lucky enough to have bought enough license before it was taken down. That add-on is really good stuff. I contacted the person behind this addon and never got any what so ever reply from him :?: :?: :?:

On a side-note I kind of still prefer TorqueScript and Torque tools, so I will stick around for sure ;)

I love to relax with a AFX scripting jam now and then :mrgreen: