Torque's odd skybox cross

saindd

I've noticed that Torque has a different format for cross skyboxes. This seems to be the standard for various engines (Unity, Shiva, C4, etc): http://www.terathon.com/wiki/images/0/05/BryceFig05.jpg

However, if i use a Skybox in cross format with Torque, i have to rotate some textures (right, 90 ccw, left 90 cw, and invert the back one). And still, they don't seem to match. Is this a buggy behavior that was fixed in some resource at garagegames.com or, is it just like that?

BTW: the format is also incompatible with ATI's cubemapgen or the Nvidia converter as well. The vertical and horizontal cross maps don't work. I have to manually manipulate each and every texture to map Torque's, and even then, there are seams. :(

This is an example: http://wiki.polycount.com/w/images/7/73/Cubemap_Sorsele_humus.jpg

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/im/CubeMappingWrapping_1d_64.gif

The horizontal cross seems to be a standard. I'm able to export that from Bryce, Vue, Maya (with a few plugins) and also from cmftStudio, Lys and Cubegenmap. There's also the vertical cross, but seems to be used only by AMD's cubegenmap.

However, in Torque, Left and Right, Front and Back, are rotated in a circular way to match the top and bottom textures. And i can't find an easy way to export that format from those applications. I'm having to do some heavy manual transformation in CC with lot's of trial and error: Swap R and L, rotate CCW, CW... now try another combination, and now another, and so on, until they match up. It sucks.

This is the layout I'm used to which is what I used in Torque 6:

///                  +----------+
///                  |-z       2|
///                  | ^  +y    |
///                  | |        |
///                  | +---->+x |
///       +----------+----------+----------+----------+
///       |+y       1|+y       4|+y       0|+y       5|
///       | ^  -x    | ^  +z    | ^  +x    | ^  -z    |
///       | |        | |        | |        | |        |
///       | +---->+z | +---->+x | +---->-z | +---->-x |
///       +----------+----------+----------+----------+
///                  |+z       3|
///                  | ^  -y    |
///                  | |        |
///                  | +---->+x |
///                  +----------+

Other than switching Y for Z so that Z is up, it looks like they match. 2 and 3 should be top and bottom. Good good. The current setup in T3D is the one @Steve_Yorkshire posted? That's an odd layout.