Performing "Manual" collision checks in T3D

JackStone

Apologies for the slightly cryptic subject.

I am relatively familiar with the intricacies of T3D's collision system, but, unless I am missing something, I can't seem to find an easy way to solve my problem.

I am placing objects (Tsstatics and items) in a procedurally generated level. I would like to check to make sure that two objects don't collide with each other, ie, that one objects bounds doesn't intersect anothers. I cannot find a way to do this.

I am looking for something like "if %obj.intersects(%obj2)". This doesn't seem to be available. Conventional collision works fine, ie, my player cant walk through walls, etc, but when I am placing the object with settransform() I need to know if they intersect with an already placed object.

Could something like this be easily added?

Thanks!

You could do a container search, using the center and "radius" of the object to look for all objects in that sphere. See game/scripts/server/radiusDamage.cs radiusDamage(). Basically, if you find anything in that search then there is a "collision."

You could do a container search, using the center and "radius" of the object to look for all objects in that sphere. See game/scripts/server/radiusDamage.cs radiusDamage(). Basically, if you find anything in that search then there is a "collision."

That's a great idea actually,it's much simpler than what I was trying to do!

I was trying to rewrite the isoverlapping() function from mBox.h into script, and it didn't seem to be working. Container radius search is a much better idea, thanks!