Failed to write the updated manifest?

Greets All:

I'm trying to compile a stock 3.6.3 'Full' project in VS2010. The projects are generated with PG2.1. The Debug version compiles and runs as normal with no errors. When I toggle to Release and try to build, it runs without errors 'til the end, when it gives me this:

16>mt.exe : general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "../../../game/Vehiculo363.exe". The system cannot find the file specified.

I can then run 'Build' again and it will say no errors

1>------ Build started: Project: Vehiculo363, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1> Vehiculo363.vcxproj -> C:\Torque\363_Vehiculo\My Projects\Vehiculo363\buildFiles\VisualStudio 2010\projects\../../../game/Vehiculo363.exe

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 15 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I see a .exe file as a result of the second build yet when I try to run it the .exe file disappears and I get a 'precompile failed' in Torsion, as a result of the missing executable...

any help would be most helpful...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am seeing something like this with a Torque 3D v3.6.3 AFX MIT installed from Jeffs repo. I run Torsion and get the precompile failed in debug and release mode in Torsion. When I use Visual Studio 2013 Community I get a clean build and debug when running it.

Edit:

Strike that. I had firewall issue and saw this problem but it was not related to any C++ stuff. I just had to point the the release and debug files in the project properties -> edit and it worked again... :roll: