Jump to content

LoLJester

Members
  • Posts

    123
  • Joined

  • Last visited

LoLJester's Achievements

  1. Thanks, Duion. I always appreciate your constructive criticism. The LODs are on my list to do. I just didn't want to mess with it before release. I'll have it fixed soon.
  2. The game is now live and can be purchased on Steam! Official website visitorsthegame.com #VisitorsFirstContact
  3. Looks cool, though.
  4. Thanks for the link. If what you say is true about Steam sales, that's worrying. It's not a release yet. It's going into Early Access first on June 28th.
  5. Great news! After many years of development, the game will finally be available on Steam, on July 22nd, 2021 in Early Access! You can now wishlist it on Steam here! More info, images and videos on visitorsthegame.com and on the Forums. Join on Discord https://discord.gg/7wP8GSkK, follow on twitter @lo_Jester and on facebook here. Thank you for wish-listing and purchasing the game in advance!
  6. Good progress on your scripting skills and understanding of the engine! :)
  7. Good to see progress, Steve. I like the environment. It looks vibrant.
  8. For anyone stumbling upon the "[MaterialList::mapMaterials] Unable to find material for texture:" warning, you should know that, to avoid this warning, there must be a material created that is mapped to the name of the texture that the warning is displaying. So, if you have for example: new TerrainMaterial() { internalName = "TerMaterialA"; diffuseMap = "art/Textures/myTexture"; }; The corresponding material shall be: new Material(myTexture_Mat) { mapTo = "myTexture"; };
  9. Jason, were you able to find out what was causing the unnecessary memory increase with your project?
  10. Hi Jason, I'm stopping the mission, then I start the mission again. I don't exit the engine.
  11. Hello everyone, I'm having a dilemma that's halting my game's development. I've been trying to figure out why every time I play the same level the memory increases by 30 to 50 MB. When I first play the level, the memory in the Task Manager is at 1.27 GB. After I play the level fully, the memory is at 1.47 GB. Second time I start the level, the memory starts at 1.47 GB and ends at 1.52 GB. Third time, starts at 1.52 GB and ends at 1.57 GB. Fourth time, memory starts 1.57 GB and can't finish the level because it crashes at around 1.6 GB of memory used. I've tried using the memory leak testing tools: FlagCurrentAllocs(); DumpUnflaggedAllocs("./dump0.txt"); WriteLeaks(); There are apparently no leaks, unless I'm doing the testing wrong. I'm using T3d 1.2. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
  12. You're right Duion, DAE is most of the time the way to go. But, sometimes there are features that only work with DTS. That's the only time I export to DTS.
  13. Sometimes shapes added to the scene as TSStatic with 'Visible Mesh' selected as collision will cause a crash. ms3d is Milkshape 3D. It has a very good DTS exporter (probably the best.)
  14. Like I mentioned above, the problem is fixed. Thanks to OTHG_Mars on Discord, the link I posted above points to a fix to this issue. Thanks again.
  15. I would start by making sure that all shapes have a simple collision box. If no crash, then you know that the collisions are the culprit. Also, I believe that all LODs have to be named the same to work correctly (i.e: mesh 100; mesh 0;)
×
×
  • Create New...